Yoga: Back to basics with Box Mind
Peak District Retreat with Sarah Picken-Brown
28 Feb - 1 Mar 2020
Reconnect with the foundations of yoga
Trying to understand which yoga is what?
Thinking about what is best for you, how to approach it?
Which type of yoga is best for your needs & fitness goals?
We have an impressive expert here to help you start right. Sara Picken-Brown will be leading this yoga packed weekend re-connection getaway to a beautiful Peak District natural paradise
A weekend of guided sessions on the basics, concepts and foundations of yoga. If you're truly ready to understand yoga better, or you're new and you want to understand where to begin, or figure out what you're doing wrong, this is the weekend getaway for you.
We have also packed in some fun activities to keep your mind fresh and relaxed
Nava Haus Retreats retreats are planned around our four key pillars of L.I.F.E: leisure, indulgence, fitness and energy. We combine training and instruction, socializing, well-being and downtime. We expect you to come back pampered, healthier, mentally sound and with new life-long friends. We always use a high standard of luxury accommodation from our portfolio. swimming pools, gams rooms, reading areas, modern conveniences, kitchen and living areas and beautiful gardens or views are an expected part of all our retreats.
Our menus are uniquely designed, sourced from fresh local ingredients wherever we are and prepared on-site by our chefs, who we typically bring along with us. We work with the best trainers to ensure the fitness and health package is top-notch.
Our retreats are perfect for all - singles, couples re-connection, groups of friends or group celebrations. Our hosts ensure everybody is comfortable, well-introduced and included. They will be available daily from your arrival to your departure to ensure you are taken care of, so you can focus on your health and fun.
Transport - From Central London.
We have organized some transport options to make things easier. Guests can travel on their own, or buy our transport add-on for a more relaxed, comfortable experience. Our luxury coaches will leave Kings Cross betwen 3PM and 3.30PM on Friday, and will return from Haddon at 4PM on Sunday. For a small price, you can buy this return package as an add-on on the bookings page.
Haddon Grove Farm Cottages, B5055 Monyash Road Nr, Over Haddon, Bakewell DE45 1JF, UK.
We will be spending the weekend in luxury holiday cottages in the heart of the Peak District. The venue is an award winning hamlet of luxury cottage accommodation situated just outside the historic market town of Bakewell, in the heart of the beautiful Peak District National Park.
With lots of beautiful acreage, a heated swimming pool and multiple beautiful rustic cottages, this is the perfect place to re-connect with one's yoga roots under the expert guidance of Sarah.
Guests share double bedrooms and food is privded as described in the borchure by our ehad chef Nati.
We have also arranged a wonderful minign activity nearby as well as a BBq in the park.
About Sarah Picken-Brown
Known as 'The Figure Genie', Sara Picken-Brown has over 20 years fitness industry experience. A former professional ballerina, an injury forced a career shift toward fitness. Sara is impressive. She has a decade of professional bodybuilding and 23x championship titles, She is also a 3x IFBB Australian National Champion and IFBB 5th in the World.
With a shift in focus and a passion for greater challenges, Sara began moving toward Crossfit and Functional training; culminating in a 30 day Leadership Intensive with USA Navy SEALs repeated over 3 years and a 50hr (3 days no sleep) BUDS Hell Week experience, of which Sara was the only female to complete alongside 24 from the 50 starters.
Sara is a head coach for BoxMind and is integral to the creation of all their Wellness programs in Yoga, Meditation and Barre/Pilates Corporate services. It is a priviledge to learn from such an athlete, and this retreat offers the opportunity. It is hard to beat what Sara has to offer.
Sara's diverse experience of discipline, mental resilience, focus and 'never quit' attitude has been the foundational principles of her teaching. Her usual classes include Meditation, Yoga, Pilates and Barre, as these are the complimentary mental and physical platforms that make these philosophies accessible to all. Sara is a head coach for TheBoxmind and integral to the creation of all their Wellness programs in Yoga, Meditation and Barre/Pilates Corporate services.
Vinyasa is a style of yoga characterized by stringing postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using breath. It is a suitable form for a proper introduction to yoga.
The weekend will focus on teaching the correct foundations for a rich yoga life balanced with fitness: the different kinds of yoga and what they mean, what they can fix/are best for fixing. Getting the yoga foundations right, basic postures, exercises and breathing techniques.
Sara is also: A part of the Valetudo Group, Lifestyle/Wellness Expert for H&N Magazine (London) and a graduate of The Royal Academy of Dancing (Advanced).
Sara's qualificaitons & achievements include:
QUT Associate Degree Dance & Performing Arts,
3x IFBB Australia Figure Champion, IFBB Figure World Ranked 5th, IFBB Pro Figure/Bikini Athlete,
SEALFit(x3)& KOKORO(50hr event) Graduate,
Dip. Counselling & Psychotherapy, Dip. SMB, Dip. Nutrition Counselling
For more detailed yoga training information, please click above to download the brochure
Our Nava Haus Retreats chefs will provide the food from menus carefully created and balanced by nutritional experts including our head chef to include fresh local ingredients.
* We usually have lots of socialising and extra-curricular activities such as hiking, visiting the local venues, snorkelling, evening cruises and BBqs on our retreats. These vary from retreat to retreat and are sometimes add-ons not included in the retreat price. However they will always be clearly listed in the itinerary. For retreats with optional activities, either add them as add-ons during your booking or contact our guest services team by emailing email@example.com.
* Transportation to extra-curricular activities and outside dinner locations may not bet included unless stated otherwise, if not included, it will ALWAYS be stated in the description on the retreats page and it can always be arranged. Pls inform your hosts if extra transportation is needed at anytime during your retreat.
* Airport pickup and drop off service is not always included, and if not, it can be purchased as an add-on during the booking process. If you are not sure if it is included, please email our guest services team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Our guest services team will contact you after you book your retreat to collect information about special requirements, training levels and training goals, allergies and to ask you about your flight or travel details so we can properly prepare for you and help plan your arrival. Please look out for our email. Also please make sure to inform us about changes to flights, delays etc. please email our guest services team on email@example.com.
* On most of our retreats, our instructors and trainers offer extra one-on-one sessions. For any guests interested in booking extra one-on-one yoga, fitness or other sessions including private art sessions on our arts therapy retreats or massage sessions, please email the guest services team on to arrange in advance or speak to your host or a trainer/masseuse on-site.
* We believe in transparency and we believe booking your retreat with us is just the first step on a long mutually beneficial wellness journey, so it is important to us that you are fully aware of how everything runs around you whilst with us. Plese read our 'Rules' page, and how to look after your health as well as our responsbility to you on our 'Health' page.